EPR Fee 2023
Circular Energy has established a Producer Member Advisory Committee. The PAC focuses on the S18(1) Extended Producer Responsibility Regulations and Notices, as amended.
The PAC will review the 2023 EPR fee that must be submitted to the DFFE by November 2022.
Any adjustments to the 2022 Fee (if any) will be addressed together with the 2023 Fees and Budget.
Eco-Modulation can be applied to Products after assessment.
Electronic and Electrical Equipment (EEE)
Equipment, which is dependent upon, stores, converts, transmits or enables an electric current or Electromagnetic field and equipment for the generation, transfer and measurement of such currents and fields:
- Large equipment (any external dimension more than 100cm)
- Medium equipment (any external dimension between 50 and 100cm)
- Small equipment (no external dimension more than 50 cm)
Lighting and Lighting Equipment
Lighting equipment means electrical or electronic equipment used for producing artificial light or illumination, and also includes any peripherals of the lighting bodies such as luminaires, covers, switch components, ballasts, fixtures and modules.
Extended producer responsibility applies to the following identified products or class of products:
- Lighting products: Different types of Lighting equipment Include, but are not limited to:
- Gas Discharge Lighting;
- low pressure discharge Lighting: fluorescent (compact, linear and non-linear) and nonfluorescent (low pressure sodium, low pressure mercury vapour);
- high intensity discharge Lighting: high pressure sodium, low pressure sodium, metal halide, high pressure mercury vapour, xenon;
- Lighting for special purposes;
- All Light emitting diode (LED) lighting sources and types;
- Signal/signage lighting as well as associated equipment;
- Luminaires and lighting equipment fixtures or modules or associated electrical components;
- Laser, Pixel and ultraviolet irradiation (UVI) or ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) lighting;
- Automotive lighting and luminaires;
- Incandescent (filament) light bulbs and Halogen; and (viii)Off grid solar powered lighting.
Paper and Packaging
Packaging means any material, container or wrapping or corrugated cases, used for the containment, transport, handling, protection, promotion, marketing or sale of any product or substance, which may be primary packaging, containing the actual product or secondary packaging or tertiary packaging, typically containing products already packaged in primary packaging, but excludes—
- shipping containers used solely for the transportation of any consumer commodity in bulk to manufacturers, packers, or processors, or to wholesale or retail distributors thereof;
- packaging made of timber and textile; and
- plastic pallets and industrial bulk containers with a capacity exceeding 1000 litres;
Paper means any substance made from wood pulp, rags, straw, or other fibrous material used for writing, printing, or as a wrapping material;
The Notice applies to waste which arises from the use by a consumer or an end-user of—
- paper & paper packaging material;
- plastic packaging;
- biodegradable and compostable plastic packaging;
- single-use plastic products;
- single-use compostable plastic products;
- single-use biodegradable plastic products;
- glass packaging; and
- metal packaging containers.